Thursday, October 23, 2008

Moving

I'm not a regular blogger. I fear, without even realizing it, that I will do it "wrong". Seriously, wtf? That sort of attitude annoys me more than makes me sad.

I had a terrific acupuncture appointment yesterday. Productive in the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual sense. After my acup needled me, she left the room, closed the door, and I instantly started crying. Not sobbing, but a very active weep. Within that weep, I entered some level of self forgiveness, self acceptance, and self evaluation. I NEED to do something. I NEED to make things happen. I have an idea as to what these things are, but I still need to swirl in them before sharing. The moment passed quickly-I mean, really quickly. I almost wanted to go BACK to it for longer, but I think that's all I needed for now. I think it's all I could handle. Like seeing Mary on toast. It was enough.
I have been carrying some boxes that need to be looked through.

After she returned, removed the needles, and had me turn over, we chatted while she did some cupping along my spine. There's nothing like the visual and actual energetic feel of removing something stagnate. I was able to take deep, healthy breaths again, but they were also new breaths. It's always new, isn't it?

My acupuncturist and I are good friends. We get into really great discussions about connections, and the terror, and sometimes, necessity of being disconnected. It's important to me, but not heavy. I never feel heavy when I leave there. I feel comforted and grounded, empowered, but not the hyper kind that fades shortly after. Something was moved, and I need to nourish that.

1 comment: